Saturday, July 30, 2011

WriterChick's Request: Tank/Tank Dress

  Hi everybody! Recently, I was sent a pattern request from "Writer Chick". After searching for free patterns, eventually I found a tank top that I know everyone will totally love! It has awesome braided details, and, as usual, is absolutely free! Here's the pattern URL: http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/braided-neckline-tank      
By BurdaStyle member clairesophie



Over the course of the past summer though, I have seen quite a few "tank dresses pop up. Do make a tank dress, I would suggest making the braided neckline tank, and the basic elastic skirt. Here are the alterations that I would suggest:
1. Instead of adding the elastic casing to the skirt, simply gather the hem of the tank and attach the skirt to the gathered edge
2. This outfit would look cute with the tank being made out of a bright, solid knit, and the skirt being made of a cute patterned cotton.

Here is a tutorial and pattern for making a tank dress: http://go.tipjunkie.com/hm/1043/icandyhandmade.blogspot.com/2011/06/tutorial-three-part-harmony.html


~Happy Sewing, Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Feel free to leave your website name- I'll be sure to check out what your needle and thread have been up to lately! <3 Lilly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...